Monday, January 8, 2007

New Experiences...

This past week was a relaxing teaching week. I only had 2-6 classes a day rather than the 9-12 (no pre-school for a week), but I got in the routine of going to bed late which made going back to my busy schedule this morning rather difficult. The students had a lot of energy today...or I should say more so than normal. It was good to see them again though. I am finally starting to feel like this is my home which is nice. (Don't worry, I'll still come back to America sometime :)
There's so much I want to do while I'm here. I'm rather worried I won't be able to get it all done within the year but I'll try. It's dangerous though because I rationalize my spendings here (and everywhere I suppose) by continually telling myself it may be a once in a life time experience...it's okay for small things but when it becomes a matter of plane tickets and such, well, that can be dangerous :) All my money should be going towards paying for my B.A. degree..but ya only live once right? ;) I'm still hoping my music/german degree will make me money someday...hmmm...:)

Well this weekend was pretty eventful. So the "once in a lifetime" mindset carried over into this past weekend. I pretty much will try anything once when it comes to food and so on Friday night a group of us went out and........ I had my first experience eating dog. it's true...and i love dogs too! here it is...yup. (sorry for those that have a weak stomach). We had dog soup and dog with veggies. There was a lot of fat, it was expensive, and it really didn't taste good at all. So basically I'll never eat it again but it was an experience (not necessarily a good one though :).
I also got a new hairstyle this weekend. I usually get my haircut once or twice a year while everyone here seems to get a new hairdo or cut like once a month. anyways, I 'm use to people taking like 30-40 minutes to cut my hair just for trim. Well I go into this little haircutting area on the 2nd floor of my school building and this lady sits me down and starts hackin away! crazy! No washing, no small comb to makes sure all the cuts are even, no careful eyeing of the hair, nope, none of that...just her fingers, scissors, a large comb, and a barrette to hold back some of the hair. The haircut took about 8-10 minutes. amazing. 10 inches off in under 10 minutes. crazy. anyways, it's decent for the most part..:)
On saturday night a group of us went to Hongdae in Seoul which has a great night scene. We went to an amazing which was....get this...all you can eat and drink for about $22 USD. I love Korea! :) As most of you know I looooove food so, yeah it was pretty great :) They had a ton of meat, seafood, kimchi (of course), soups, octopus..yup it was nice. Full of foreigners :) I'll be heading back there for sure :) I would still take grilled steak and potatos with special K cookies over the buffet though...ahh...nothing can beat that.
So those were some of the events that have been taking place this past week. We are having new teachers come this weekend and one current teacher is leaving this week. Crazy. I'm starting to study Korean (finally!) so hopefully I'll be studious and start crackin down on the language.
Alright, I'm calllin it a night. :)

No comments: