Monday, January 15, 2007

Ho hum hum...

Well nothing major has happened this past week. Let's see, I'm still doing pre-school and middle school. Supposedly I'm done with Pre-school at the beginning of February but I'll believe it once it happens. This past weekend a new teacher/roommate from Canada arrived, so I'm currently living with an Irish and Canadian. I believe we are getting about 3 more teachers over the course of the next month or so which will be nice (more Canadian and Irish).

This past weekend I was able to check out a new church. It was a larger English service which was great and I enjoyed it for the most part. One of the downfalls though is it is about and hour and a half away by subway. I think I might check out a couple other ones closer to me. Hopefully I'll find one soon.

It's been a good experience to be the foreigner. I feel like I'm getting a taste of what my international friends in the states go through. And to think that I'm only doing it for a year and they do it years at a time. crazy.

I feel like it's finally hitting me that I'm here for 9 more months. I'm looking forward to it though. There's a lot of travelling I need to do (nationally and internationally), adoption info I need to figure out, songs that need to be sung etc...should be a good year.
One of my girlfriends that I worked with in Montana is coming this weekend (with her mother) to pick up her new baby brother. Asian babies are just too cute to resist ;)
Adoption is an amazing experience for both the adopters as well as the adoptees. I love it! Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a familiar face!

Other than that I guess nothing new is happening. The weeks go by so fast and the weekends even faster. Crazy. I'll write more soon if something exciting is happening ;) Sorry that this entry is so random. I'm feelin kind of off right now... or maybe that's just an excuse. :)

No comments: