Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August breeze

Well things are starting to cool down here finally. The showers are bringing a freshness to the air and the mosquitoes are subsiding. Life in Korea is going on as usual. Intensives at CDI are finished. No more Catcher in the Rye for me, and the semester is about to come to a close. It will be sad to see some students go, but it is always refreshing to get see fresh faces and new curriculum.

I had a relaxing birthday this last week. I will never understand where all the time goes. It's amusing to think back and remember where I imagined I would be at this age. Oh how life never seems to go as planned.

While walking around a newly finished pedistrian lane on Gwangjin-gyo Bridge (Gwangnaru st. L. 5 ex 2) I took a couple of pics.
There is a section in the middle of the bridge that you can walk under. It is like a flight of stairs that circle around and brings you to an observation like room. There is a little concert hall and a section where they have windows on the ground where you can see the beautiful green han river water :) (See below)
Anyways, it's something different I suppose :)

Enda and I enjoyed a nice evening of dinner and a Korean show (Part of the Korean Fringe Festival in Hongdae). Both enjoyable. And this past weekend a couple of us went to play in the Poker Tournament at Walker Hill. I played my share of Black Jack as well. Good fun all around. It's amazing for me to see crowded Black Jack tables with a min. 200,000 Won Buy in. (I played at the 5,000won buy in table:)

Enda also bought me a new lens for my birthday, so I've been having fun with that. I finally got my Flickr account up and running again. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lpoortenga/

Amazing that Fall is fast approaching. Hopefully next semester I will be teaching 4 days a week and will be able to take more photos while hiking/traveling on the weekends. Should be good.
Ta ta for now :)

No comments: