Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Saint Paddy's

Things here have been pretty low key for the most part here in Dublin. Nothing too major to report. Just filling my time with a little work, a little play, a little running, ya know trying to keep life balanced, but wishing I could do a better job at it. :)

Anyways, for the major holiday Enda and I headed over to county Tipperary to watch the fireworks lighting up of The Rock of Cashel. Surprisingly there wasn't any rain! The weather was pleasant, and the show was amazing. I would have to say, it was proabaly my favorite fireworks display ever :)


On Saint Paddy's day, we headed downtown to check out the parade, but sadly it wasn't nearly as entertaining The R of C. I was a little disappointed. There was a lot of green. A lot of really tall hats, and a lot of tourists.

The parade itself was more like people just dressed up than anything else. I believe there were mad scientists, overgrown spiders, fishes, and cars....and a ton of American marching bands. I believe there were maybe 2 Irish bands and 6 U.S. ones.


Anyways, that's about all for now. We're going to be doing a little more traveling soon, s
o hopefully the next entry will be a little more entertaining! :)





No comments: