Sunday, December 10, 2006

Good-byes


Well I had my first couple good-byes this past week and I have more to come throughout the next couple months. One of the hard things about teaching out here is that everyone comes and leaves at different times throughout the year. The school year really never ends and everyones contract starts at different times. Just when you are finally getting to know peeps they all leave ya. Crazy. I guess I need to start getting use to it.
Anyways, this is a pic of Maive and me (she's from Ireland) and she left this weekend. Great girl. Very Irish :)
Also this weekend I switched apartments. E.C.C. (my school) doesn't do a very good job with organization or communication (which are kind of essential to run a school I thought), so really none of the bosses told me I was moving, but I found out through co-workers. oi. Anyways, I'm in and the place has pro's and con's like everything else in life :)
I did a little more shopping this weekend which was good. I love the markets in Seoul; great food, cheap everything, my kind of place ;)
Tommorrow I will be teaching pre-schoolers along with my other classes, so that should be an interesting experience. (We'll see what happens when you put me with 4 y.o. It'll be fun :) I'll probably be working from 9:30-9 at night for the next couple weeks. It'll be rough but the paycheck will be nice and hopefully I'll be able to visit Japan or China with that money...we'll see.
I've also been checking out churches in the neighborhood which has been good. I actually sat in on a Korean service today and didn't understand a lick of it, but the music was good ;) I then went to the English service at the same church and the music wasn't that great and neither was the pastor....the praise team leader is trying to finagle me into joining their worship team but I don't know...we'll see...
Taekwondo is going well. It's always an adventure to say the least. There are about 10/11 of us in the class (I'm the only female) and I have a lot to learn!! The instructors can't speak any English so it can be frustrating, but it's good.
The language studies haven't really begun yet. I'm thinking within the next couple weeks I'll start studying more intensively. I'm getting sick of not being able to say anything except "hangumal obsiyo" which is "I can't speak korean". yup. oh, and I can count to 10 in both numbering systems....yeah...that only gets you so far in a country :)
alrighty, I'm turning in for the night.
Blessings.

1 comment:

J. Cady said...

so any job openings out there? ;)