Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lunar New Years... ;)

Well this month has been a hectic, but good month. Beginning with work: It's frustrating at times. Seems like it is being run more with money in mind rather than the betterment of the students English.

Anyways, for the Lunar New Years I had Monday off (even though it is celebrated over Monday and Tuesday), so it was nice to have a small class size on Tuesday. I definitely would prefer to teach 5 students rather than 18 but what do you do. The intensive month is finished though so I am free on Wednesdays again...ahhh... Next term though I will most likely be working 6 days a week rather than 4. For our Lunar New Years present from our manager we all received 2 bottles of red wine. Unfortunately I'm not a huge wine girl but whatev I suppose. Enda received some instant coffee and coffee beans...unfortunately we don't have a coffee maker. It really wasn't our holiday for receiving useful gifts. Oh well.


Anyways, on the way to Church this past weekend, we passed a Mc Donalds, and seeing that they don't have drive thru's here, they deliver! I had no idea this existed...maybe I've been in a bubble though. Anyways, I thought it was class. Thinking about getting one...hmm...



Anyways, on to the weekends. Nothing too crazy has been happening. We went with some friends to watch Incheon vs. Seoul in a basketball game. Good times. The cheerleaders did YMCA as one of their cheers. Class. Anyways, it was a good time.Then headed to On The Border which is just as expensive (if not more) in Korea as it is in the States. For some reason I was hoping it would be cheaper....disappointment. But amazing food as usual.... :)

This past weekend Enda and I went Ice skating. His first time...I just assumed everyone ice skated on frozen fields in the country when they were young (thanks dad) but ah, not so in Ireland...Anyways, it was fun to teach him how to skate. I didn't realize how hard it is to teach someone to skate. My instructions were something like this: "Push off of one foot and glide and continue altering feet.." Not extremely helpful...

So this upcoming week I will finally be starting Taekwondo! Ahh...finally...I'll be in bits I'm sure, but it will be good. The weeks continue to fly by as usual. The weekends don't seem to exist. Anyways, that's about all for now. Nothing too crazy :)

1 comment:

Maribeth said...

i haven't read your blog in forever! it's so fun that many of the references to Korea are a little more familiar to me now!!