Sunday, March 25, 2007

What's the crack?

One week left in March...crazy. Time is flying by as usual and things are going pretty normal around here. I haven't had any major trips lately which is probably good for my bank account :) The weather is crazy here. Sometimes it's beautiful, sunny and warm, and other days it's just rainy, dreary and cold. It's been good though. Teaching is going well. Everything is still disorganized but such is life I suppose. You just learn to adjust. My students are good for the most part. I have about 100 kids throughout the week that I teach but they all are fun.

I've been realizing that I haven't really had any goals while I've been here and it's rather necessary...at least for me. So my new goal is to study Korean intensively and hopefully become okay at the language while I'm here....we'll see how that goes...wish me luck! I think I finally feel settled enough and have a better idea of time management here where I can do a more effective job of studying so hopefully that goes well. I also need to focus on music and start writing more songs and practice the old vocal cords. ;) They're getting a little rusty...bleh.

Taekwondo is going well. I'm still going 3 times a week and have been working on Pumsae...yay! There's way too much to memorize but it's a good challenge for me. My black belt test is in like 2 and a half months so I gotta crack down on this.

I guess nothing else major has been happening. I'm still sick which is frustrating...it's been over a month now I believe, so hopefully I'll start feeling better in the near future. I don't really trust the doctors over here for some reason.
Here's a pic of my apartment's living room with one of my roommates (Enda-Irish Guy) and a fellow teacher/friend Ciara-Irish girl. We just re-arranged our living room a couple days ago. Anyways, it's a good place; roomie and nice. I like it. Okay I should get back to studying. I hope things are going well by you all and blessings :)

1 comment:

maribeth said...

Laura - That is way too long of time to be sick! Hope you feel better soon! Just spent some time with one of my other favorite Korean girls, Tara, and her wonderful husband and her cute, cute son, Crew Seon-ju!! Check out my blog at www.maribethvw.blogspot.com I love reading your blog and continue to pray for your time in Korea! love you!! mari